FAKOPUR FOODGRADE – 2-component polyurethane coating, certified according to VO (EU) 1935/2004, VO (EU)10/2011 for direct contact with food
FAKOPUR FOODGRADE is a chemical-resistant 2-component coating based on polyurethane for interior and exterior surfaces in direct contact with food. FAKOPUR FOODGRADE is certified according to VO (EC) 1935/2004, VO (EU) 10/2011, VO (EU) 1282/2011, VO (EU) 2016/1416, VO (EC) 2023/2006, VO (EU) 2017/752, VO (EU) 2018/213 for direct contact with all foodstuffs. The 2-component coating seals the surface and is characterised by a short drying time, a very even colour film and high chemical and cleaning resistance.
The 2-component polyurethane coating is particularly recommended for coating machines, tanks, containers, silos, metal panels and other surfaces in the food-producing industry, agriculture and agribusiness.
FAKOPUR FOODGRADE has a satin finish, contains aliphatic diisocyanates as hardeners and is proven to be free of APEO, ammonia, bisphenol-A, formaldehyde and heavy metals. FAKOPUR FOODGRADE is the first tested 2K polyurethane coating that complies with the European Regulation VO (EU) 10/2011 for direct contact with all foodstuffs.
The GREEN-BIO.FILM.STOP-Technology protects the surface of FAKOPUR FOODGRADE from virus and bacteria infestation.
- 2-component polyurethane coating, solvent-based
Product features / properties
- Certified for direct contact with all foodstuffs (Tested simulants = A, B, C and D2)
- Surface protection virus and bacteria infestation by tested GREEN-BIO.FILM.STOP-Technology (ISO 21702:2019-05, ISO 22196:2011-08)
- Recommended by the Federal Association of Food Inspectors Germany e.V.
- Extremely high abrasion resistance: UNE EN ISO 5470-1-1999
- CE marking. Tested according to UNE-EN 1504-2:2005
- No water absorption
- Odour-intensive during processing
- Colour: White + grey (RAL 7004)
- Gloss level: Glossy
Areas of application
FAKOPUR FOODGRADE is especially recommended for coatings of outdoor food basins and tanks. But also for machines, transport elements, agricultural tools and equipment, feed cribs in animal husbandry, tub and transport containers (e.g. for potatoes, beets, grapes), which are in short or long-term direct contact with food.
The 2K polyurethane coating offers an alternative to epoxy resin FOODGRADE coatings, which cannot be used here, especially in wellventilated outdoor areas. FAKOPUR FOODGRADE can be used as a certified FOODGRADE coating can also be used as a finishing coat over a 2K epoxy resin system.
- Processing from + 5°C
- Brush, roller or airless spray application
- Drying time between coats >2h and <48h, cured after >7 days (20°C/ 60% rel. humidity).
- Consumption: Approx. 150-350 ml/m² (depending on application purpose)
- 5 L
Downloads for the product
Ordering, price information and delivery
You would like to order our products, need an offer or do you have questions about ordering? Our sales department will be happy to assist you personally by telephone or e-mail.
FAKOLITH Farben / Sales
Phone: +49 (0)6253 / 23 94 - 23
Information and service
We know the requirements for surfaces in food processing companies and supply functional coating solutions. Do you only have a short time window for the renovation? Do you have questions about the product selection, preparation or use of our FAKOLITH products? Our technical support is at your disposal personally by telephone or e-mail.
FAKOLITH Farben / Technical support
Phone: +49 (0)6253 / 23 94 - 18