A mould remover must remove the spores and the fruiting body of the mould on the surface and permanently destroy the fungal mycelium in the subsoil. Only then can the regrowth of the mould from the root, the so-called fungal mycelium, be prevented. Some mould removers also have an antibacterial effect. The bacterial treatment of the surface neutralises musty odours that occur in connection with a mould infestation.
Very reactive mould removers, e.g. hydrogen peroxide or chlorine-based, bleach the surface and destroy the fruiting body that has settled on the surface. The high reactivity on the surface may impair the deep action, and thus the destruction of the fungal mycelium in the substrate.
Damp cleaning of the surface, e.g. using an acid cleaner, is always recommended. If mould is removed indoors in a dry state, e.g. by brushing it off, the spores will disperse into the room air. Moist cleaning and the associated binding of the spores significantly reduces the allergenic risk for the workers and the occupants.
Which mould remover do we recommend?
We recommend chlorine- and solvent-free, biodegradable products with good cleaning and deep action. To achieve a deep-penetrating effect, we use two products as mould removers in the system: FAKOLITH FK 12 cleans the surface and reduces musty odours. FAKOLITH FK 14 anti-fungal solution then penetrates deep into the substrate and destroys the fungal mycelium.